PADEL, A GREAT ASSET FOR THE TOURISM SECTOR
It has been a while since Padel is no longer a “game” but having reached the Sport status. it’s played in more than 90 countries, growing each year the number of Federations, clubs, and players worldwide.
Nowadays Padel has found a new way of business models in certain parts of the world: Padel has become a tourist attraction, being an asset to the regions that most support this sector.
In the current times we are living, the countries that depend on tourism see in Padel an opportunity to show the world the good condition of their regions. The Padel and, above all, the CUPRA FIP TOUR circuit gives assets, activities, and shows to advertise the cities.
With the exception of some stages, most of the tournaments in 2020 have had the support of governments and institutions, which leads us to think that it is a product that they like and for which they bet. So, they can use these events to showcase themselves to the world
The last example, FIP STAR GRAN CANARIA, under the organization of the Canarian Padel Federation, serves as a model to be copied by all those tournaments that are joining the 2021 calendar. The purpose: Impact and economic return in all those cities where an International Federation tournament is held.
The tournament had a total of 107 pairs registered in both categories, male and female, in addition, it counted with the highest prize of the year 12,000€, the prize was equal for both categories and becoming the international circuit tournament that has distributed the most money in a women’s draw: 6,000€
we want to congratulate the champions, they have already qualified directly to the CUPRA FIP FINALS, and finalists:
- Champions: JAVIER PEREZ MORILLAS – MARIO DEL CASTILLO MARIN
- Runner-up: JAVIER MARTINEZ VAZQUEZ – JAVIER REDONDO MENDEZ
- Champions: VIRGINIA RIERA DIAMBRI – SOFÍA ARAÚJO
- Runner-up: ANNA CORTILES TAPIAS – JESSICA CASTELLO LOPEZ
We give you some details that have made the organization of this FIP STAR GRAN CANARIA, with one of the most media impact tournament this year before the start of the competition:
- the set up of a simple website, but with valuable information about the event and the most important tourist activities on the island, and it can also be reused in the coming years: www.fipstargrancanaria.com
- Streaming 4k with 4 cameras. With a schedule already established one week before the start of the competition.
- A good video advertising about the tournament, giving more importance to the event and protagonism to the island: https://fb.watch/1AS-s9ovlg/
- A presentation with the sponsors and supporters of local institutions: https://www.facebook.com/GranCanariaDeportes/posts/2668020626780759
- Merchandising taking advantage of the necessary sanitary measures to avoid possible infections
These are some examples of how to convert an event to give an asset to regions that are looking for showcases, not very expensive, with high returns and visibility:
FIP STAR GRAN CANARIA
Press notes (Canary Padel Federation)
- Nº1 – Sent on October 27, 2020
- Nº2 – Sent on October 30, 2020
- Nº3 – Sent on October 3, 2020
- Nº4 – Sent on October 4, 2020
- Nº5 – Sent on October 5, 2020
Media and press impact return: